Cabo Verde Fun Fact: The beauty of the beaches in Cabo Verde can be compared to the beauty of the beaches in the Caribbean! Tourism has grown over the years, but there are still so many people who do not know about Cabo Verde as an ideal vacation spot.

I have been doing genealogy research and working on my family tree since 2009. I started with family information gathered from my mother and information passed on to her from both of my parents' sides. Following is a breakdown of surnames that I have found so far based on each side of my family.

Paternal surnames: Paul, Paulo, Leao, Ramos, da Silva, Gomes, Soares, Fortes, Almeida, Lopes, Solidade, Araujo, Neves, do Rozario, dos Anjos.

Maternal Surnames: Ramalho, Braz, da Graca, da Silva, Colitro, do Rozario, Lima, da Conceicao, Lopes, de Brito, Soares, Santiago 

Based on these two lists, these are the names I will be concentrating on in my research, but I will also be documenting the Catholic Church records as documented on the island of Sao Nicolau, Cabo Verde. The two churches on the island that recorded the records are Nossa Senhora do Rosario and Nossa Senhora da Lapa. These records, for marriages, baptisms, and deaths, have been scanned and uploaded to the FamilySearch.org website and are organized by island, and then by church parish and date. I will reference the record location as information is listed in this blog.



Nossa Senhora da Lapa Church (Photo credit: CleoPatrick)



Nossa Senhora do Rosario Church (Photo credit: Koren Paul)


Comments

  1. Muito grata pelas fotografias. Nestas igrejas meus bisavós foram batizados. Que bênção ver!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Estou muito feliz que voce gosta das fotos. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Going Home to Cabo Verde

My Biggest Genealogy Challenge